Summer Reading Program 2022
Summer Reading Program 2022 will begin on Monday June 6 and will run through Saturday August 6.
In-person programs and activities are returning, including events at all of our library branches!
There are reading challenges for pre-readers, children, teens, and adults, which will function largely the same as previous years, including awards for challenge completion and entries into prize drawings.
This summer, we are excited to once again offer online participation for all of our readers through Beanstack, also available as an app.
Continue reading for more information regarding online participation as well as links to access and print paper logs.
What ages can participate in Summer Reading Program?
All ages are welcome to participate!
Do I need to be a member of your library / have a library card with you to participate in your SRP?
No. Anyone can participate, whether they are a member of our library or not.
How do we participate online?
Online participation is easy!
- Download the Beanstack app to your phone or smart device, or visit The Beanstack Website.
- Create an account under “register as individual or family.” The account creator is the person who will be logging information (typically the adult) throughout the summer. This person can also be a reader. Multiple readers can be registered under one account. There will be an option to add other readers when creating an account, as well as after an account is active.
- Once your account is created, each reader can select a challenge in which to participate and all are ready for the Summer Reading Program!
- Those who have set up accounts for any of our previous reading challenges do NOT need to register again.
Once registered, participants will select the challenge in which they wish to participate and complete reading and activity challenges to earn prizes. For a complete breakdown of each participation level, keep reading!
Pre-reader program (Babies - pre-K)
- Online: There are twenty activities in the pre-k program. All challenges must be completed to finish the program. Finishing the activities earns a prize and entry into the grand prize drawing.
- The printed log consists of two sides with 10 activities each. All activities on the printed log must be completed in order to earn a prize and entry into the grand prize drawing.
- Activities may be adjusted to fit the child’s developmental needs and abilities.
- Prizes are:
- REGISTRATION: Squish animal
- COMPLETION: Book and 2 Corner Park passes
- GRAND PRIZE: Ocean Reef Building Set
- Download and print the Pre-reader Log!
Kid’s program (grades K - 6)
- Whether your child participates online or with our physical reading log, they will track the number of minutes they read or are read to.
- Prizes are awarded at three hour intervals
- Children can earn extra entries into the grand prize drawing by completing challenge cards or activity badges (in Beanstack). These can be done at any time and in any order.
- Prizes are:
- 3 Hr LEVEL 1: Local Ice Cream Coupon
- 6 Hr. LEVEL 2: Grab Bag Prize
- 9 Hr. LEVEL 3: Book
- 12 Hr. LEVEL 4: 2 Corner Park Passes
- GRAND PRIZE: 4 Passes to the Sea Life Michigan Aquarium
- Download and print the Reading Log and Challenge Cards
Teen program (grades 6 - 12)
- Registering for our teen program automatically earns participants the prize of a book! Head into the library to choose your prize from our great selection!
- To participate online:
- Log each book you read throughout the summer to earn entries tickets for our bi-weekly prize drawing. Each book read earns one entry.
- There are also eight activity badges equivalent to the challenge cards. Each completed badge earns a ticket for the bi-weekly prize drawings.
- Under TICKET DRAWINGS, patrons can choose which drawings to submit their tickets. For example, if you want a better chance at winning drawing 3, go ahead and put them all there. Readers MUST enter their tickets into a drawing, tickets are not automatically entered into bi-weekly drawings
- To participate in person:
- Fill out an entry slip for every book you read and put it into the Teen Entry Slip bucket.
- There are also 8 Challenge Cards that can be completed for extra entries. *Note, Challenge Cards can only be completed ONCE.
- Physical entries will be submitted to the current drawing.
- The bi-weekly prize drawing will happen at each branch and be drawn from entries submitted for that drawing. All entries from all branches will be eligible for the grand prize drawing.
- Drawing sessions and prizes are as follows:
- Registration: Choice of a book
- 6/06 - 6/25: Aluminum water bottle w/candy
- 6/26 - 7/09: $10 local gift card (will vary by branch)
- 7/10 - 7/23: $10 Meijer gift card
- 7/24 - 8/06: $10 local gift card (will vary by branch)
- GRAND PRIZE: $100 Amazon gift card; $50 Amazon gift card
- Download and print entry slips and Challenge Cards
What about SRP for adults?
- Adults can participate two ways this year : Through the Beanstack website or app or by submitting their slips at any of our branches.
- Log every book, magazine, or audiobook you enjoy.
- Every submission earns an entry into our biweekly drawings AND grand prize drawing at the end of the program.
- On Beanstack, patrons will earn tickets for every book / material logged.
- Tickets must be manually submitted to preferred drawing. If tickets are NOT manually entered, they will be automatically distributed into the current session's drawing.
- For those wishing to submit their entries manually, pick up entry slips at any of our library branches. You can only participate at one library.
- All adults who participate in Summer Reading Program 2022, whether you submit one entry slip or 100, will earn a registration prize.
- Drawing sessions and prizes are as follows:
- Registration: Hand sanitizer and bookmark
- 6/06 - 6/25: $25.00 local greenhouse gift card
- 6/26 - 7/09: $25.00 MRJ Cinema gift card
- 7/10 - 7/23: $25.00 Meijer gift card
- GRAND PRIZE: Kindle Reader
- Download and print entry slips
How do we collect prizes?
Those participating digitally can come to the library and let library staff know they would like to collect their prizes. Library staff will access their account and distribute prizes accordingly. For those participating with printed materials, bring your logs to the library to collect your prizes.
All entry slips, challenge cards, and reading logs must be turned in by the end of library hours on Saturday August 6.
Will we be able to pick up printed handouts at the libraries?
Yes, all of our library branches will have all necessary materials onhand starting June 6.
Are you offering programs and activities during SRP?
We will be having in-person programming at all branches, including WOW! Wednesdays at the Main Branch. You can find the schedule HERE on our calendar. We will also post events on our Facebook page, so make sure to like and follow us there.